Monday, May 3, 2010

My Event Horizons

Morality: Even after everything I've done (jokingly trying to get a friend to kill herself, treating people like garbage for fun, casually shirking my professional and personal responsibilities, and subconsciously pushing away those close to me), people still allow me back into their lives. If I wasn't so grateful, I'd think it was kind of pathetic. The fact that people can forgive--that I can forgive myself--is powerful. It resounds in the soul with a deep vibrato. My status as a complete monster is, as of yet, unconfirmed. But many would consider me a magnificent bastard. This is a trade-off that increases the stats on the back of my trading card.

Profession: Regardless of my current socioeconomic stature, I refuse to give up hope. I mentioned it last time, but even as a member of the "trophy generation," I cannot abide by an alien definition of success. Ambition is easy to dislocate. Work ethic: decidedly more so. With the twin attack power of gumption and oomph, things will work out as planned. Well... You know, once I have a plan.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment