Monday, January 2, 2012

A Start

To keep myself busy, I'm going to write this while watching Die Hard, also known as the best Christmas movie of all time.

This break has been odd. I've looked forward to the time off from work for weeks, but now that I'm reaching the end of it I'm ready for another. My contact with other human beings has been limited which is both a blessing and a curse. We're social creatures. I just wish everyone would leave me alone sometimes, too.

My resolutions for the new year are pretty basic: write every day, be a better person than I was last year, don't let depression win, and go on my great adventure. I'm not sure how to do many of them. You've got to try, though. I don't want the last interesting thing I do to be my suicide.

So here I am, dipping my toes into the pool. It's cold and unusual and fun and daunting and FUCK John McClane just shot a guy. I better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment